Find organizations and neighbors who could use your immediate support below
Did you know there are major shortages in blood banks during this time?
- Make an appointment at your local blood bank and save a life. Safety protocols have been established to protect against risk, and healthy individuals can still donate in areas that have issued shelter in place declarations.
Donate Funds to Organizations
Donate money to causes focused on combating COVID-19
- Feeding America – The largest network of food banks in America
- No Kid Hungry – Helps children get meals during the school year
- United Way – Supports families and individuals with an array of needs like housing and utility payments
- National Coalition for the Homeless – Serve immediate needs of children, families and individuals experiencing homelessness
- Various Relief Funds – Support restaurants, bars and food service workers
- Help Main Street – Buy gift cards to your favorite local businesses
- Charity Navigator – Find highly rated charities working on COVID-19 relief efforts
- Give Well – Support efforts that may not specifically target COVID-19, but that still need support
Volunteer in your community
- Help a neighbor through a mutual aid network near you: here, here, here or here. These are community based groups run entirely by volunteers to connect people in need with resources and neighbors like you to support them.
- No mutual aid network near you? Launch one in your community.
- Stay healthy while helping with these tips.
Don’t see what you need on any of the other pages or looking for something more specific? Mutual aid networks across the country are working to connect people with additional resources and neighbors who may be able to help.
- A document listing mutual aid networks across the US, Europe, Canada and other valuable information around COVID-19 preparation and response
- Here’s a map of mutual aids across the United States – find one near you!
- This database has a TON of information – trans/queer support, elder support, information for kids, self care, and more
- A google drive with tons of information about how to set up mutual aid networks, as well as resources for freelancers, business owners, artists, kids, and more
We’ll add more specific regional support structures here as we find them!