Find a list of compiled resources to help below.
- Find a local shelter through the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Understand options if you experience loss of income or have trouble paying bill or meeting other financial obligation. The US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau explains actions you can take and programs that may help you set up an alternative repayment plan. (Leer en Español)
- Find details on your state’s unemployment insurance from the US Department of Labor. (Leer en Español)
- Domestic workers – Apply for emergency assistance here.
- Help paying bills – Call United Way at 2-1-1 or find a local United Way branch here.
- Rental assistance – Find rental assistance through government, non-profit or faith based groups here.